For detailed information on MEPI, please visit kcmc-mepi official website
Medical Education Partnership Initiative (MEPI) is a ten million dollars programme awarded to KCMU College, Tanzania in October 2010 as The Kilimanjaro Christian Medical College - Duke University School of Medicine Medical Education Partnership Initiative(KCMC-MEPI).
KCMC-MEPI Vision and Mission
Vision Statement: The Kilimanjaro Christian Medical College will train future generations of graduates to become the leaders in health care academics, research and policy within Tanzania.
Mission Statement: The Kilimanjaro Christian Medical (KCM) College will partner with the Duke University School of Medicine to achieve its goal of training the future leaders of health care academics, research and policy in Tanzania. This goal will be pursued through deliberate and coordinated activities which include strengthening the information technology infrastructure, providing a menu of enabling technologies and strategies to fully implement the KCM College curriculum, and offering education innovation and implementation science research award opportunities. By providing this support, the culture of teaching and learning will be transformed at KCM College, creating an environment where academic community members are empowered to realize their full potential, and are retained for future service to Tanzania. The benefits of these interventions will be carefully quantified and documented, offering the best opportunity for sustainable impact.
The Specific Objectives of MEPI
- Enhance medical education at KCMU College by implementing creative learning approaches.
- Teach research skills, and engage the interest of students in research careers.
- Transform the culture of teaching and learning at KCMU College.
- Sustain the transformed educational environment beyond the period of MEPI.
MEPI is guided by general principles in the course of its operation. These principles are:
- Create sophisticated IT network to access internet-based educational resources.
- All incoming first year students will be given a personal computing device as a means of improving their learning.
- Focus on mentored research programs and education innovations.
- Careful and continuous assessment of MEPI impact to optimize performance, and achieve sustainability.
More About KCMC MEPI & MEPI EVENTS